Like most of my recipes, this one is not outlined very much or very well. Below is the idea, I hope you get the opportunity to play with it:
- Sweet potatoes sliced in the skin
- Grape tomatoes
- white or sweet onion
- fresh baby spinach, chopped or whole
- fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 table-spoon of butter ans garlic sea salt
On the stove top:
- Brown the chicken, then remove from the pot.
- Partially cook potatoes
- Add everything else in layers on the stove top
I think this can be done in the oven as well effectively. The only issue was with timing because I did not want the tomatoes to be solid and I did want the potatoes to be firm. It worked well and very fast on the stove top, but this is likely because I am more comfortable here.
The tomato is slightly strong, not sweet when paired with the sweet potato. The sweet potato is not as strong/sweet as in other dishes either. It is actually a bit dry, like a casserole. The basil and butter are the best part. The aroma mixes with the potato oils in a way that I have never seen. The basil is not strong enough to drown other flavors, but just strong enough to tie them all together as a very mysteriously international dish.
If you were to pick a country, where would you say this recipe is from?
- On the Side: Orange-Basil Sweet Potatoes (thecooksnextdoor.com)
- You Say Potato, I Say Sweet Potato (patspapers.com)