In the same spirit of black history month.
This jazzy blend is one of my favorites! (I just had it as a matter of fact) This features my title and my variation. Tweak it as you like!
- flour (or corn) tortillas
- chicken fajitas (various recipes of YOUR choice)
- re-fried beans
- pico de gallo
- Scrambled (or fried) eggs (note: fried eggs will be runny, and likely get ALL OVER your shirt. You may want to switch to scrambled, just this time!)
- cheese (Monterrey jack, cheddar, Colby Jack)
Homemade Pico de Gallo – finely chop cilantro, onions, tomatoes, and fresh jalapenos. They make their own juice so it turns a bit “saucy” when you least expect it!
Directions – these may be a bit complicated. Trust me….soulfully!
- Scramble egg, while still runny, turn to a low heat and add re-fried beans to warm (I made them from the can, so all they needed was heating. You may make them homemade as well/instead.) It doesn’t matter if you add the beans directly to the eggs, or put them on the side. They will taste great either way.
- After adding the beans, remove the eggs, when soft scrambled (meaning very light yellow and soft to the touch, slightly liquid). Add chicken fajitas to warm and put tortillas on top of the skillet or pot.
- Gather pico de gallo, cheese, and extra veggies/herbs if desired (I like extra cilantro).
- Spread beans on tortillas, add cheese and other ingredients!
That’s my soul food!